Wednesday, October 29, 2014

21 Day Fix Days 9&10 and Recipe: Skinny Chicken Enchilada Casserole

21 Day Fix Progress

Yesterday was day 9 of my 21 Day Fix Challenge.  It was a rough day.  I felt sick all day and did my best to stay on plan, but I struggled with my water intake, and I did not get my workouts in.  Motivation can really take a hit on days like this.  You have to dig deep, forgive yourself for not meeting your day's goals, and decide that tomorrow is a new day.  Be careful not to turn your one sick day into a slippery slope of excuses.  Get back on your normal schedule as soon as possible and move on.  Like I said above, no exercise today, but I will share my meal plan (note: I missed a fruit serving and had an extra dressing).

Meal Plan

  • Breakfast: Cereal w/milk and and egg (2y, 1r, 1tsp)
  • Snack: Apple (1p)
  • Lunch: Salad w/ grilled chicken (3g, 1r, 1o)
  • Snack: Grapes and peanut butter (1p, 3tsp)
  • Dinner: Grilled chicken wrap (1g, 2r, 1y, 1b, 1o)
Today I woke up early and completed two workouts, PiYo Drench and 21 Day Fix Upper Fix.  It felt great to get back on track!  I am down to my last week of PiYo, and I can't wait to see my final results.  This program was very different from what I'm used to.  It doesn't require any equipment, most workouts are even done barefoot, and with the exception of a set of burpees here and there, it is totally low impact.  I'm enjoying the change of pace this program provides.  Working my muscles in a completely different way for 8 weeks has completely changed my body, in a great way!  I could go on and on about this program, but I will save that for my results post next week.  Upper fix, the 21DF workout I was supposed to complete yesterday was great too.  I increased my weights for this workout, so I really felt the burn by the end.  I'm not sore yet, but I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow.  After I post this, I will be doing today's 21DF workout, lower fix.  Normally, if you were to ask me how to catch back up after being sick, I would tell you to pick back up where you left off and not worry about doubling up, but I still have a ton of energy right now, so I'm going to go for it.  Always listen to your body when it comes to starting back up after a set-back.  Pushing too hard and playing catch-up can lead to injury or burnout, which will end up taking you further off track. 

Meal Plan:

  • Breakfast: Cereal w/milk and and egg (2y, 1r, 1tsp)
  • Snack: Apple (1p)
  • Lunch: Salad w/ grilled chicken (3g, 1r, 1o)
  • Snack: Grapes and peanut butter (1p, 3tsp)
  • Dinner: Skinny Chicken Enchilada Casserole (1g, 2r, 1y, 1b)
  • Snack: grapes (1p)
Recipe: Skinny Chicken Enchilada Casserole **adapted from recipe found on inspiredreamer.com**

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast (cooked and chopped/shredded)
  • 1 can enchilada sauce (I used mild)
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can rotel w/ lime juice and cilantro
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 4 low carb tortilla (taco or fajita size)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Directions
  1. Set your oven to 350 degrees.  Cook the onion down in a skillet to desired level of caramelization and put aside in a medium mixing bowl. Drain the corn and rotel and add both to the onions in the mixing bowl, stir until evenly mixed.
  2. Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of your casserole dish, just enough to cover the bottom.
  3. Place 2 tortillas in the dish and pour a small amount of sauce over the tortillas. Use a spoon or spatula to completely cover the tortillas with the sauce.
  4. Layer shredded chicken on top of tortillas. Then add onion/corn/rotel mixture.
  5. Sprinkle half of your cheese on top of the onion/corn/rotel mixture and then place 2 more tortillas on top of the cheese
  6. Pour rest of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas and use your spatula or spoon to evenly cover the tortillas with the sauce. 
  7. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top of the casserole and place in the oven.
  8. Back at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
  9. Cut into 6 or 8 sections, serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment