Monday, October 20, 2014

Motivation Monday and Day 1 of the 21 Day Fix

Hey y'all!  Let me start with today's Motivation Monday pic. Better late than never, right?


This quote really hit home for me.  When I was overweight, I thought everything would be so much easier once I was fit.  Getting there required more focus and discipline than I had ever put into anything else.  Little did I know, once I reached my goals, I would have to work nearly as hard to keep me there. Now, I'm not saying that you can never slip up or have a cheat day, I most certainly did, but I had to dig deep to bounce back from my mistakes that I had along the way.  This journey is not an easy one, but, having been there once before, I can say without any doubt, the results are worth the effort you are putting in.

Today was my first day of a new program, 21 Day Fix. This is a Beachbody program that incorporates healthy eating using color coded containers to guide your portion sizing with an exercise program that consists of 30 minute workouts, 7 days a week.

  
The coolest part of this program, is that I am participating in my first Facebook Challenge Group. Challenge groups are a great way to stay accountable and provide a place where we can connect with others who are going through the same journey we are.  The challenge groups are free to join once you have the program your group will be using, so you can join for as many rounds of your program as you would like to do, without any additional cost.  Once I have participated in this challenge group, I will be coaching my own groups once a month using the 21 Day Fix Program.  I will also coach challenge groups periodically that utilize the other Beachbody Programs like P90X3, T25, and PiYo.  I can't wait!

Day 1 of 21 Day Fix went as follows:

First, I started my morning with PiYo Sweat before my toddler woke up.  I'm currently in week 7 of 8 of the PiYo Program.  I normally wouldn't overlap programs, but I wanted to get a jump start on my first challenge group, so I could start helping others in my own hosted groups.   I am loving my PiYo workouts.  This program incorporates the fundamentals of both Pilates and Yoga in a fast-flow, low impact workout.  My flexibility has improved tremendously since starting this program, and my body is definitely changing, but more on that once I finish the program and post my before/after photo and results.

After my first workout, I ate breakfast, got my daughter up, and fed her breakfast  We played and ate lunch before her nap. Once she was down, I did my Fix Workout.  Today was Total Body Cardio Fix.  Wow was that a workout!  It totally kicked my butt, and I am feeling it everywhere tonight.  After workout #2, I had a snack. My daughter woke up a short time late and we played until my husband came home. Then was dinner and bed time for the babe and time to focus on my coaching.  We had a fantastic team call tonight on blogging.  I learned a bunch and plan to incorporate much of what we talked about into this blog in the coming weeks.  

Meal Plan Day 1:  I am on the 1500-1799 calorie eating plan
  • Breakfast: Cereal and 1/2 cup 1% milk -- (2 1/2y)
  • Snack: Yogurt (made w/2% milk) -- (1r)
  • Lunch: Leftover tortellini and green beans -- (1r,1/2y,1b,1g,1tsp)
  • Snack: Apple -- (2p)
  • Dinner: Large Salad w/dressing and 2 scrambled eggs -- (3g,1o,2r,1tsp)
  • Snack: Grapes -- (1p)
I was a little hungry after my second workout, but after drinking some water, I felt better.  This is totally a doable plan.  I love the flexibility, and spreading out the food throughout the day kept my energy levels up despite doing double workouts.  I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment