Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 5 and 6 of The 21 Day Fix

Today has been a crazy busy day!  It's getting late here in NC, so I will just share a quick update of the last two days on 21 Day Fix.

Day 5 of The Fix

Friday mornings in the Hope Household can be kinda hectic.  Usually by Friday, my husband and I have a tough time getting up early to get our workouts in before he goes to work and our daughter wakes up.  This would be fine, except, Friday's we have a standing morning playdate to attend, so our mornings tend to be rushed.  We got up late, so there was only time for my husband to do his workout (he took and extra rest day last week, so now our PiYo schedules are off by a day).  This meant that I had to get both of my workouts done during nap time, back to back.  It was tough, but I got it done!  I was so busy with one thing right after another that my water intake was pretty low.  I'm making a mental note to focus on drinking more water throughout the day, not just at meals.  Eating plan went great and was as follows:

Meal Plan
  • Breakfast: Cereal w/milk (2y)
  • Snack: Yogurt (1r)
  • Lunch: Salad w/dressing, (3g, 1o)
  • Snack: Apple, cheese, and peanut butter  (2p,1b, 3tsp)
  • Dinner: Swai Fish Filet, green beans, pearled couscous (3r, 1g, 1y, 1tsp)  
  • Snack: Cantaloupe (1p)
Look at all this food!
Day 6 of the Fix

Today was a busy day.  Slept in, as this is the only day of the week we don't have something we have to get up for, then had breakfast as a family, and headed out to a local fall festival.  Today I made a mistake.  I did not plan out my food for the day, so I ended up away from home and starving without any of my fix foods.  Oops!  We ended up going out to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings, and I tried to do my best to stay on track while eating out.  I think I did a pretty good job. I ended up eating a grilled chicken wrap and a side salad.  I'm sure my weight will be affected by the salt content of what I consumed, but water retention is temporary, so I will try to not let it be too discouraging.  I was right back on track as soon as we got home.  Later in the day, we went grocery shopping.  I was really proud of us because we only shopped the perimeter of the store.  For those of you who may not be familiar with this, the idea is that grocery stores are organized to have the fresh, and mostly non-processed foods around the perimeter of the store.  The isles that fill the middle of the store usually contain boxed, processed, less nutritive foods.  Now there are some exceptions to this general rule, but for the most part, if you stick around the outside of the store, you will be buying higher nutritive foods, which is what we should be fueling our bodies with.  Because we slept in today and my husband did his workout during naptime, I had to complete my workouts after bedtime.  I'm finding that working out in the mornings is way easier for me than working out at night.  It was a struggle to stay motivated, but I did push through and completed PiYo Drench and 21 Day Fix Dirty 30.

Meal Plan
  • Breakfast: Southern-style hashbrowns (cooked with no oil) and an egg (1y,1r,1tsp)
  • Lunch: Grilled chicken wrap and salad w/dressing on the side (1r,1/2b,1y,2g,1o,1tsp)
  • Snack: Cantaloupe (1p) 
  • Dinner: Chicken Cordon Bleu and green beans (2r,1y,1/2b,2g,1tsp)
  • Snack: grapes (2p)

No comments:

Post a Comment