Thursday, October 23, 2014

Throwback Thursday, Day 4 of the Fix, and Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower

Throwback Thursday

This is actually the very first time I am participating in TBT.  I wanted to share my original before photo.  I saw original because I take before and after photos every time I do a round of an exercise or diet program. So, here is where it all started (May 2010):


 I didn't actually start my weight loss journey until the following January.  In January, I began Nutrisystem.  Nutrisystem helped me loose a good amount of the extra weight I was carrying, but not without some negative side effects.  I will tell you, that yes, it does work. I was averaging a 2-3 pound loss each week, but I was also exercising a ton (Zumba 3 times per week, and running 4 days per week).  The Nutrisystem foods are highly processed.  They contain sugar alcohols, which can wreak havoc on your digestive system, as well as a host of artificial, man-made chemicals and preservatives.  I did not feel good eating this food.  I was never hungry, but I felt uncomfortable, sluggish, and bloated a lot of the time.  If you want to do a diet program where you are provided food, I cannot stress enough to do your research!  With what I know now about nutrition, I wouldn't use this program.  I have actually been able to achieve similar results through clean eating meal plans, and I feel a lot better while doing them.  After I lost most of the weight, I was feeling, for lack of a better word, jiggly.  I needed to find a program to increase my muscle tone.  This is when I found Beachbody.  I bought my first program, Chalene Extreme.  I loved this program!  My muscle tone increased dramatically and I was able to break my plateau and lose even more weight.  Even better, my running pace dropped over 2 minutes per mile.  Here is what my husband and I looked like after Chalene Extreme (he did it with me):
See how different my husband looks in the two pictures?  His results are from Chalene Extreme ONLY.  This program did amazing things for him.  I wish he would let me share his official before and after photos, but he's being shy. Wanna learn more about Chalene Extreme? Comment below or Join my Facebook Group and shoot me a message: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1478749202392357

Day 4 of the Fix

Today was ab day.  Though not intentional, both of my workouts today focused on core.  I started my day with PiYo Core and moved straight into 21 Day Fix Pilates Fix.  Now it hurts to laugh.  Today was a good day.  I woke up early, had energy all day, and was only hungry right before dinner, but I blame my husband for coming home late from work and delaying dinner an hour.  I just finished my last snack, a cup of cantaloupe. Yum, I love cantaloupe.  

Today's Meal Plan:
  • Breakfast: Cereal and a scrambled egg (2y, 1r, 1tsp)
  • Snack: Large apple (2p)
  • Lunch: salad, grilled chicken and mashed potatoes (3g, 1r, 1y, 1o, 2tsp)
  • Dinner: lean hamburger patty w/cheese, roasted cauliflower (2r, 1b, 1g, 1tsp)
  • Snack: Cantaloupe (1p)

Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower 

Ingredients

  • Head of Cauliflower
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon Juice
  • Crushed Rosemary
  • Ground Oregano


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  2. Cut and separate the Cauliflower florets into small pieces
  3. Put the florets into a large mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil over the florets.  Add rosemary and oregano to taste. I like a generous amount of rosemary and a sprinkle of oregano. Add lemon juice, enough to coat florets.
  4. Toss florets until evenly coated
  5. Place florets on a baking sheet covered in non-stick foil
  6. Place in oven for 20 mins, stirring occasionally. Pull out of oven when cauliflower has reached desired level of caramelization
Thanks for reading!  If you are interested in daily motivation, healthy recipes, and fitness tips, join my facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1478749202392357



No comments:

Post a Comment