Friday, December 19, 2014

Unboxing TurboFire

I am so excited to be starting a new program on Monday, TurboFire.  I've been doing 21 Day Fix first on my own back in October, and then with a couple of challenge groups.  It's a highly effective program, easy to maintain, and I've gotten great results, but I'm a bit of a program hopper.  I like to do a program start to finish, and then move on to another program.  It helps keep my motivation up and keeps me focused.  I could tell my motivation was starting to decline the last couple weeks.  It could be the holidays, or it could be that I'm just ready for something new.  I'm ready to change my routine up, and I figure, since I start my day with a workout, the easiest way to mix things up would be for me to start a new program!  

I could have waited until the new year to start a new program, but I've got a couple of great challenge groups all starting at the end of December and beginning of January, so I wanted to have my new routine down before my groups start. That way I can devote much more focus to my challengers and help them get started towards their own fitness goals.  I also have a big Beachbody Coaching event coming up in 3 weeks called Super Saturday. This will be my first time going to a coach event, and I want to look my absolute best.  My goal is to lose the last 7 pounds I need to lose to get back to my pre-baby weight.

As far as my eating plan goes, TurboFire provides an eating guide, but I will be sticking to the 21 Day Fix eating plan.  It's so easy to follow, and the balance of macros is spot on for what my body needs. The TurboFire eating plan looks awesome, and I'm sure it would give me great results too, but I'm not going to change my whole eating plan just yet.  I will revisit the idea of switching eating plans after the holiday craziness dies down.  

Tonight, I unboxed my TurboFire and took a look at all the program goodies.  I love, love, LOVE getting into a new fitness program, and I wanted to share the experience with you!

So when you get your TurboFire program in the mail it looks like this:
Then you open it up and see a stack of program materials:
When you unwrap the stack of printed materials, you will see that you have been provided a workout schedule, a program overview that explains how the program is designed, the science behind HIIT, and how to maximize your results, the eating plan (with recipes!), and a special 5-day Inferno plan (a specialized 5-day strict eating plan designed to accelerate your results).  
Underneath the printed materials is your set of workout DVDs.  There are 11 DVD's in the base kit of this program.  There are also open sleeves for the 5 advanced workout DVD's should you choose to buy them as well.  I may just have to do that after I complete my first round!
You also receive some equipment. No need to go out and buy your own!  You get a measuring tape to track all the inches you will be losing, a resistance band and set of resistance band handles, and a sculpting band to use during leg and bun sculpting workouts.  I don't know if you have ever used one of these bands, but I have.  They look so innocent until you use them in a workout. Then it's like your buns are on FIYAH!

Tomorrow I will dig deeper into the program materials and get myself set up for Monday, Day 1 of TurboFire!  I will be documenting my weekly progress with this program on my blog.  I'm so ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment